Saturday, 31 August 2013

London - Shopping activities

Well, well, well.
I might want to explain what took me so long...

After my London trip, the fun wasn't over yet. In fact, it had just started!
With my church's youth group, I went on a so-called working vacation to Romania.
WOW.
Unforgettable, in a good way.
We stayed at a castle (not Bran Castle which inspired Bram Stoker to write Dracula, though that is in Romania too) close to a rehabilitation clinic.
The castle nowadays is being used for children's camps, and that's why we decided to build a playground!
Because a castle is all cool, but around it was nothing to play on/with, only dry grass.
Now there is a colourful place with swings, a seesaw and more.

We met amazing people and had a great time with our own group as well.
I really feel blessed to have experienced this and actually (ok now comes the vintage part)
I want to go back!
Or at least leave behind this materialistic society. We did have wifi around the castle, but no-one actually used his/her phone a lot. It was so peaceful! Obviously, I didn't bring my vintage style clothes with me.
Don't want any paint stains on 'em!
Now, back in this rich country, I am expected to be all vintage and addicted to my phone again, and spending money on stupid antique things.
Please no!

Sooo, these were my confessions of today.
I don't feel like vintage. Wow.
And blogging doesn't really tempt me either!
Anyway, here I am.

And I am going to bother you with the most materialistic post ever...

my London shopping haul!

Don't be afraid, I didn't do too much shopping.
I hear you wondering, 'Wut, why?! Isn't London the utter shopping city, especially for vintage lovers..?!'
Yeah...
It definitely is. But the thing for me is, it was sooo much. So much vintage, antique, retro, hipster, cool... too overwhelming.
Do keep in mind that in the area where I live the only ''vintage'' shopping oppurtunities are thrift shops and maybe some market here and there.
But that's okay, I can cope with it and I kind of made a hobby out of it; finding the perfect repro item for less than €10.
Aaand then I went to London. On our first day, I had already seen so much cute shops... too much.
I am kind of a thoughtful purchaser (even in London, hehe) so I only bought a fraction of the s**tload of things I'd thought I'd buy.

Here we go!
It is not in chronological order.






Cute (fake..) wartime booklets bought in Museum shops. 
I would bake or cook something from the last book but first I'd have to find out how much grams 3 ozs. are. xD




I used to make fun of my Mum and her weird habit to buy postcards EVERYWHERE she sets foot...
Now look at me...
All fake antique (for I bought them all in museum shops) but still love 'em.
Plus, I can actually send these to people, while I wouldn't have the heart to do that with my genuine antique cards. 



The first clothing item.
Tailored midi skirt, green (not gray!) with sort of flower thingy details. 
-I know realise there is no British Pound key on my MacBook laptop... 
Ok there probably is a shortcut but don't feel like it. 
Shocking-
Anyway it was 5 pounds - everything was 5 pounds or 50% percent off or something, well you get my point, great sales! 
Vintage Basement



Okay the Vintage Basement fun doesn't stop here, in fact these shoes were bought there too!
Know that 'True Love' song by Pink?
Well...
This pair of shoes... that song...
So perfect...
Around 8 pounds.
They need cleaning up, yes I'm aware of that.
But aren't they prettyyy?



Finally the lighting and weather was ok for taking photos, but now the colour looks totally different from what it really is! 
It really isn't pink, but whine red - bordeaux. 
A true Christmas dress! 
Sooo pretty. 
You will get to see it fully once - just not yet.
25 pounds - Rokit




So uh..
I might want to dedicate a full blogpost to this.
It obviously is a 2013 book, but contains great life hacks and beauty tips from the '30s by the look of it!
Bought at some stationer, around 6 pounds.

These were all my London purchases!
Not so much, eh?

With school starting Tuesday, my rhythm will be normal again, and so will my blogging.
I expect.

Bye bye!
x Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I love your London shopping :D especially suede shoes are to die for! I have that same book "What every woman should know". I love it! There's fabulous photos there and couple of recipes I am actually planning on trying (like the beetroot soup...I love beetroot!)

    Greetings
    Rhia from
    http://www.evildressmaker.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! So looking forward to autumn when I can wear them... <3
      Ah, a fabulous book indeed:) oh I haven't really studied the recipes yet but I find autumn and winter the ultimate seasons for ''vintage'' cooking, don't you?
      Will definitely consult the book. :D

      xoxo

      Delete