Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Liebster Award!

Yes, in my short and modest blogging career, I already received a Liebster Award!

By the sweet Lucy-Kate from Lucy Does Blogging, thank you L-K. :)




These are the rules when receiving the Liebster Award:

- You must answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
- You yourself then pick 11 blogs who in turn have under 200 followers. You must then think of 11 questions for the blogs you have picked and also tell them.
- Finally link back to the blog that nominated you.

So might as well answer these questions!

1) What's your favourite item of clothing?
That would definitely be the skirt!
Skirts are great. I could go on forever about skirts, and I regret very much that most girls and women (at least in my country!) tend to wear only jeans, whenever and wherever.

2) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Well my favourite country is probably Britain, uhh not probably but definitely. But since I'm already going there this summer (YES OMG I KNOW SO EXCITING, blogpost with information and begging you British gals to tell me your personal fav hotspots WILL follow), I'll answer this question with Jordan! Yes. I have always (well since I was about 8) been highly interested in the Middle-East and I might want to study Arabic Language and Culture. And Jordan especially has my interest because.. Petra of course! One of the seven world wonders.

3) If you could only own two pairs of shoes, which pairs would that be?
A beautiful pair of 1940's black pumps, and a pair of brown brogues (or oxfords, however you'd like to call them).

4) Which decade would you rather live in?
Honestly, I am quite content with the 2010's. I can go to University as a girl, but if I decide to do something totally different with my life, that would be accepted as well (ok not by everyone but at least by society). But a different decade? The 1930's for sure. The fashion was amazing, as well as the art and is it weird to say that politically the thirties were very interesting?
Well I said it.

5) What's your favourite book, TV programme and film?
Well my favourite youth book is Saartje Tadema by Thea Beckman - yup that's Dutch - about a girl in the 18th century who lives in an orphanage. The books tells us about her friendships, her philosophies about getting married and Christianity etc. It has taught me so much about Amsterdam in the 1710's and about... life actually. Looove it.
Also it's great how throughout the story it is all quite feminist and about wanting to break free from traditional ideas about a woman's destination.. but in the end she just gets married with the love of her life and becomes his housewife, hehe.
Another favourite book of mine is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier - mentioned this in my Books blogpost a few weeks ago: *click*

My number 1 TV programma is naturally Poirot.
No doubt.
And the best film ever made? The Parent Trap.
In Lindsay Lohan's glory days...

6) Which brand of make-up do you use most often?
Oh I have a lot of 'vague' make-up, stuff I tend to buy at some crappy shop but turn out to be perfect for my skin or have awesome pigmentation. You know.
But I think for drugstore make-up, my most used cosmetics brands are Catrice and Rimmel.

7) If you could throw a dinner party and invite anyone in the world, who would you invite?
Ha! Good one! But I think from all people in the world, my friends and family would still be the best to have a dinner party with. But I do want Louis Theroux and Nigella Lawson to join! (the last one has to cook as well, obviously).
OR I'll throw an Agatha Christie themed party and David Suchet and Pauline Moran and Joan Hickson will be invited and they'd dress up like, you know, Poirot, Lemon and Marple. Yeah I could see that happen!
And then a murder would be committed, as a dessert. Muahaha...

8) Have you got a particular person who is your 'style guru', if yes who?
Hmm, more like a combination of Tickety Boo Tupney, Ivy from Evie's Tea Room and Jip from Old-Fashioned at Heart. These three have also gotten me more into the '30s. And that's a good thing :)

9) What are you looking forward to most in the next year?
Assuming that you mean the next calendar year, so 2014, not the school year, that would be my 18th birthday! I think.

10) What do you like most about the place you grew up?
Oh, a lot!
My cute little town is in the middle of the country, that's just very convenient.
I live close to a very interesting city (city of Amersfoort), with medieval buildings, cute shops, and even a Nazi concentration camp. That last one is not cool at all indeed but it IS very interesting.
My school is... okay but my friends I know from school are great and my church community is unique!
Still, I can't wait to move to Utrecht or somewhere else but I sure am going to miss it here.

11) What's your favourite joke?
Well, it isn't really a joke, it's a meme but I did LOL to it many times!
Here you go:


Omg I hope no one is offended by this one but I find this ridiculously, laughing-my-ass-off-ly funny.

---

Phew, these definitely were some original questions!
And yes I am aware that I answered them way too detailed, I'm very bad at deleting or shortening such things.

Well let's get on with the nominating then!

Oh by the way later on I was smart enough to check if some of you gals had already received a Liebster Award - the answer was yes some of you have.
Please do nothing then, besides rejoicing the fact that apparently I like your blog!

Annabelle from Vintage History Student
Alma from Swing It Baby
Jip from Old-Fashioned at Heart
Anne Kristine from Fr√łken Toft
Jacinta from Razzle Dazzle Rose
Rakel Teresa from Garden Street Vintage
Ivy from Evie's Tea Room
Alex from The Forties Floozy
Anna from Anna Neah
Rosie (? Maybe it's just your cute blog name not real life name) from Rosie the Crafter
Beth from Victory Vintage


My questions for the eleven of you are:

1. Before you got into vintage clothing, did you rock another way of dressing?
2. What is your non-vintage guilty pleasure? (For example mine is listening to dance and dubstep from time to time.)
3. Sweet or savory food?
4. What do you draw 'vintage' inspiration from most, magazines, films, blogs, or something totally different?
5. Favourite subject in school? (If it's maths I will have to unfollow you.)
6. Have you ever been compared to a classic idol of yours, and if yes, who?
7. Name some vintage item you will probably never have enough of. (and don't all answer dresses or shoes, please)
8. Best thing you have ever done or has ever happened to you in your entire life?
9. Copying L-K's question here: What place or country would you love to be travelling to or through one day and why?
10. Tell me your weirdest habit please.
11. Favourite antique thing you ever bought under 10 euros (or pounds or dollars - at least very cheap). No clothing piece.  :)

Good luck.

Although... I would understand I you don't feel like continuing this thing for yourself...
I mean, it's surely a great honour but it also does require a lot of effort (at least for me) and it doesn't have to do very much with vintage, now does it?
I'll leave it to you.

I have no idea what to blog about the next time (friday or saturday following my scheme) so it's either going to be something very predictable or something very surprising and different - don't get your hopes up, please, thank you.

Bye loves!
How is the weather overseas, down under and in 'Murica?
Here it's disgustingly hot, might as well sleep in the shower tonight.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Ah I love Rebecca!
    and Daphne Du Maurier for that matter.

    Also, an Agatha Christie themed party would be brilliant :')

    x

    ReplyDelete