Saturday, 5 January 2013

Yay!

I wasn't really having a great day, felt sick and tired.

And then I found out that Ivy had given me the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!





Thanks for making my day Ivy!

I didn't expect it at all, since I'm very new to the blogger world.

''The rules for the award are to thank who gave it to you, share 7 things about yourself, then nominate 10 other bloggers and let them know in a comment they have been given the award.''

Here we go, 7 things about me:

1. A lot of friends of mine envy my rather tanned skin; in fact I would live to be whiter!
2. Since I study Greek and Latin in school (I attend a so-called gymnasium), certain people think I must be so smart and able to translate all the ancient Latin words you can see in churches or the Greek sayings in Athens. They obviously don't know my marks...
3. I have a weird fascination for Jack the Ripper. Of course it was all cruel and un-human, but I find it psychologically so interesting!
4. As a job, I am a door-to-door paper girl. I 'deliver' (is that the right word? Native English speakers; you can always correct me if I'm wrong!) the local newspaper. Here in the Netherlands, that's something for 14 year old boys. I did fill in an application form for the local drugstore last week, so hopefully I can quit the walking-in-the-rain job soon.
5. I can't wait to be a University student, I've totally had it with my school. Studying history would be great, but English language & culture too, Arabic and Islam as well and humanities/religious studies also have my interest! Haha.
6. I don't have any siblings, but instead I do have 24 cousins from my Mum's side!
7. I sometimes use body milk as a facial cream. Sometimes. Quite often. Weekly. I know, I know! But it really feels good, not greasy or anything. And it's cheaper.

Aaaaand then the 10 bloggers I give the award:

Newfangled Vintage - I know she hasn't updated in a while but such a cute blog anyway!
Min Mormors Vind - Adorable finds, adorable outfits + hair
Ruby Armoire - One of the few coloured vintage gals I'm following
Vibrant Vintage - Took me forever to find out her first name. Doesn't matter, lovely and hilarious blog!
Demi Lauren - Absolute fifties doll!
Betty Bow - Following her blog has been good for keeping up my German :)
Vintage Rose - As far as I know the only Dutchie I'm following
The Fairly Young Grandmother - Her. Username.!!
Miss Molly Doll - Just check out her blog, mmkay?
Among My Souvenirs - Not a blog in line of the ones above, but at least as awesome. Abandoned buildings and stuff!

That was it.
So the 'rules' are that if I have given you an award you should pass it through on 10 others and tell 7 facts about yourself too. But I can imagine that you don't feel like it, don't find it necessary or whatever reason. Don't feel pushed by me, if you ask me, you don't have to re-do this.
I mean, it doesn't really have that much to do with vintage! ;)

Have a lovely weekend!

xo Jessica

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much dear!! You made my day a bit brighter! :D hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'll be putting up my post soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessica, lovely lady :)

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on this lovely blog award, dear gal, it was oodles of fun to learn more about you.


    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Yes, "deliver" is the right word. :)

    ReplyDelete